Before we said goodbye to our special friends the DonScrutts (who we had spent two weeks with over Christmas), to embark on our fourth Aussie road trip, a weekend camping together was in order!
Having decided our most cost-effective route up to North Queensland was in a tent, we bought a $109 (£60!!) 4-man dome tent from Kmart, and equipped ourselves with the camping basics: chairs, self-inflating mats, bedding, plastic plates, etc.
A 3-hour drive from Bellingen found us pitching up alongside Tallow Beach, Bryon Bay.
Top weekend activities included:
– strolling around Bryon Bay in the evening, watching people dance on the promenade, and eating fish and chips on the beach.
– looking out for fish in the rivers.
– walking/running along Tallow Beach and Broken Head Beach.
– swimming in crystal clear waters at Clarkes Beach and Wategos Beach.
– Cooling off and chilling out by the campsite’s pool.
– enjoying the sunshine tent-side!
– making patterns with glow sticks…
– visiting Bryon Bay’s infamous market.
– and spending time outdoors with our mates. This is goodbye for the next few weeks our friends, we’ll miss you all so much 😢.